As most city residents know, there is never a shortage of fun things to do or places to go in Portsmouth. Each Friday, we try to offer five suggestions for people who are planning out their weekends.
1. Operation: Thank You!: The Meat House will hold its 9th annual event on Sunday to say thanks to the troops and raise money at the same time. The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Redhook Brewery. Tickets are $15 for adults. Children, members of the military and veterans get in free.
2. Lucinda Williams at Prescott Park: The legendary Lucinda Williams is scheduled to play the Prescott Park Arts Festival on Sunday at 7 p.m. Get there early, as lawn space is sure to be at a premium.
3. Stiletto Race: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Seacoast will hold its annual Stiletto Race fundraiser on Saturday at on Chestnut Street in front of The Music Hall. Registration is at 4 p.m., and the races begin at 5 p.m.
4. Shakespeare in the Park: On Saturday at 2 p.m., check out Shakespeare in the Park at Prescott Park. This year's production is "Much Ado About Nothing."
5. "The Secret World of Arrietty": Looking for a movie the whole family will love? The Portsmouth Public Library will be showing the animated tale at 2 p.m. on Saturday. And the best part? It's free!