Okay. There are just two days left before Valentine's Day and you have no clue what you are going to get for your wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend or significant other.
Don't panic. Portsmouth has you covered.
Now that the Blizzard of 2013 is behind us, there is still time to go out and do some important shopping to get your sweetheart some flowers, chocolates, perfume and cards. Here are five stores right downtown to consider:
1. The Flower Kiosk: This Market Street flower shop has been helping people seal the deal with their matters of the heart for several years and the staff is always ready to help you put together a special bouquet of roses and many other flowers.
2. Mainely Gourmet: If your significant other needs a chocolate fix, Mainely Gourmet on Hanover Street has several options, large and small, to satisfy any sweet tooth.
3. The Paper Patch: For those who want to express their love via some tasteful, creative and romantic cards, the Paper Patch on Market Street is a must stop.
4. Pickwick's Mercantile: If you are looking for a relatively new store, Pickwick's Mercantile on State Street has a wide variety of Valentine's Day gifts that include cards, chocolates and imported perfumes from Paris and Italy.
5. Riverrun Bookstore: If your heart's desire is an avid reader and would enjoy receiving a book of romantic poetry, this Fleet Street store always carries a great selection of works by national and local authors.